Doug McCullough, JD, LLM
With over 20 years of experience, Doug McCullough represents clients in business transactions, international business and taxation. Doug McCullough is based in Houston but covers the Dallas market and serves clients internationally in countries such as Canada, United Kingdom, the European Union, Japan, China, and beyond.
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Divestitures and Due Diligence
- International Business Transactions
- Corporate, Partnership and International Tax Planning
- Private Equity, Venture Capital and Investor Representation
- General Counsel Services
- Regularly negotiate and draft all aspects of asset and stock purchase agreements; Structure sales, acquisitions, and mergers to ensure the tax efficiency of such transactions; Due diligence.
- Regularly assist non-resident companies and investors plan, structure, and execute inbound investments and acquisitions into the United States; Assist US companies expanding into new markets abroad.
- Regularly negotiate and draft all aspects of international sales representative and distribution agreements, joint venture agreements and other international business transactions.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of commercial contracts including agreements for contract manufacturing, master services agreements, joint ventures, sales representative, distributorships, OEM, software development, research & development, intellectual property licensing, and employment.
- Plan and structure the tax aspects of corporate mergers, acquisitions, asset divestitures, and other corporate reorganizations
- Conduct tax research and analysis for C corporations, S corporations and partnerships.
- Fund formation, private securities offerings, and representation of accredited investors.
- Work with officers, directors and shareholders of companies to address all aspects of corporate governance and corporate compliance matters.
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, LL.M., Taxation, 1999
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., 1998
- Indiana University, B.A., 1995
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- State Bar of Texas
- State of New York
HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Phi Beta Kappa
- National Review Institute Fellow
- Canada-Texas Chamber of Commerce – Director
- British-American Business Council
- New York State Bar – International Section
- Lone Star Policy Institute – Director