Doug McCullough, JD, LLM
With over 20 years of experience, Doug McCullough represents clients in business transactions, international business and taxation. McCullough’s clients range in size from startups to mid-market and publicly traded corporations. Those companies operate worldwide in the following key industries: oilfield and offshore services, engineering, manufacturing, marine services, environmental services, plastics, software and information technology, and healthcare information technology.
Doug McCullough is based in Houston but covers the Dallas market and serves clients internationally in countries such as Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Ireland, Norway, Mexico, France, the Netherlands, Panama, Japan, China, and beyond.
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Divestitures and Due Diligence
- International Business Transactions
- Corporate, Partnership and International Tax Planning
- Private Equity, Venture Capital and Investor Representation
- General Counsel Services
- Regularly negotiate and draft all aspects of asset and stock purchase agreements; Structure sales, acquisitions, and mergers to ensure the tax efficiency of such transactions; Due diligence.
- Regularly negotiate and draft all aspects of international sales representative and distribution agreements, joint venture agreements and other international business transactions.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of commercial contracts including agreements for contract manufacturing, master services agreements, joint ventures, sales representative, distributorships, OEM, software development, research & development, intellectual property licensing, and employment.
- Plan and structure the tax aspects of corporate mergers, acquisitions, asset divestitures, and other corporate reorganizations
- Identify and implement tax-planning strategies to minimize worldwide tax liabilities
- Conduct tax research and analysis for C corporations, S corporations and partnerships
- Structure inbound and outbound investments and formation of foreign subsidiaries
- Fund formation, private securities offerings and representation of accredited investors
- Serve as outside associate general counsel to multinational group of manufacturing and engineering companies; Work with officers, directors and shareholders of companies to address all aspects of corporate governance and corporate compliance matters.
- Private securities offerings; review of offering materials for investors; fund formation
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, LL.M., Taxation, 1999
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., 1998
- Indiana University, B.A., 1995
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- State Bar of Texas, 1998
HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
- Phi Beta Kappa
- National Review Institute Fellow
- Canada-Texas Chamber of Commerce – Director
- Lone Star Policy Institute – Director
- American Petroleum Institute – Member
- Association for Corporate Growth – Member
- Texas Young Professionals – Co-Founder and Executive Director