Aaron Woo represents companies from diverse sectors including energy, software and high-tech. As a former corporate counsel for several global, public high-tech companies, he has guided executives on a variety of corporate strategic matters spanning from negotiation tactics to international transactions. By balancing the protection of legal interest with the achievement of business initiatives he has maximized revenues and mitigated risk on high stakes deals and cross-border operations.
Being an entrepreneur himself, Aaron works as a business advisor and is actively involved with early stage companies in Texas. As a strong proponent of entrepreneurship, he advises seed and early stage companies from startup through acquisition by developing IP strategy, implementing business development objectives, and obtaining the necessary financing to position businesses for growth by representing high-tech startups in the investment and fund-raising process. Aaron is based in our Houston office but also covers the Austin market.
Aaron is an avid sports enthusiast and volunteers his time to work with individual athletes, coaches and teams on contract negotiations, labor issues, and professional endorsements.
- Represented public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, financings and restructurings in various industries including technology, energy, oil and gas, biotech, chemical, services, retail, entertainment, and software industries
- Represented Seller in an acquisition of $95.6 Million Private Energy Services Company
- Outside General and Business Counsel
- Represented mid-size regional technology company in an Asset Purchase for over $15M
- Led and represented oil and gas technology company in a $5M cross-border technology acquisition
- Represented mid-size engineering services firm in a Stock and Cash Asset Purchase
- Led the divestiture of privately held subsidiary to a public company in a stock-for-stock acquisition for over $20M
- Represented mid-size metals company in $10M capital restructuring transaction
- Led due diligence and HSR review for multimillion dollar corporate acquisitions
- Coordinated nationwide roll-up and strategic divestitures of major retail services provider
- Represented public companies with periodic disclosures in compliance with SEC and Sarbanes-Oxley regulations
- Coordinated pre-IPO due diligence and Form 10 registration process with auditors, underwriters, and financial officers in preparation for listing on various exchanges
- Advises and counsels small to mid-size companies in the Energy, Technology, and Healthcare industries on day-to-day strategic and operational matters
- Oversees various transactional and employment related matters
- J.D. from University of Texas
- M.B.A from University of Texas
- B.A. from University of Texas
ADMITTED TO BAR
- Treasurer – State Bar of Texas International Law Section
- Hyperledger Houston – Officer
- Former Gala Chair – AABA of Houston