US – EU TRANSATLANTIC BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS
McCullough Sudan regularly represents European corporations doing business in the United States, and American companies expanding into the European Union. We are not only trained and experienced in Texas and federal law and tax, but some of our attorneys practiced or received their legal education in Europe. Our attorneys have experience doing business in France, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Belgium, Germany, Norway, the Netherlands and other parts of the European Union.
Our attorneys stay engaged with the European community in Texas by being active with the French-American Chamber of Commerce, British American Business Council and similar organizations.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- International Mergers & Acquisitions, Divestitures; Transatlantic Joint Ventures
- International Technology Licensing and Acquisitions; Intellectual Property Ownership Structuring; Global Tax Strategies for Intellectual Property Royalties and Patent Trading Income
- Transatlantic Commercial Transactions; Development of International Sales Channels including Drafting and Negotiating Sales, Distribution and Manufacturing Agreements
- Legal and Tax Planning for Multinational Corporate Structures; International Tax Planning for Transatlantic Transactions; Income Tax Treaty Analysis; Foreign Tax Credit Planning; Transfer Pricing; Tax Planning for Foreign Investment in US Real Property (FIRPTA);
- Tax and Legal Aspects of International Financial Transactions Planning with respect to Capital Structures for New Ventures; Planning for Tax Efficient Remittance of Profits and International Movement of Funds
- UK Anti-Bribery Act, U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- European Union Competition Law
- Cross-Border Private Equity Investments
- French Civil Law
- International Arbitration